Monday, February 02, 2009

K. Kuehn



It would be irresponsible of me not to tell you that Karl Christopher Kuehn is a kid I (Trey) have known for many years and shared many a good time with. We played on the same soccer team, eat at the same quizno's, and get hot at the same hut. CHECK OUT THE KITTIE TAT!



Karl Kuehn can run really fast and write songs with a surprising mix of angst, humor, genuine emotion, ingenuity, and pop sensibility. On the one hand this is impressive, on the other hand I could be discussing the newest output from some dumb mall punk band or paramore for all you know; Karl Kuehn's music (released under the necessarily different K. Kuehn monaker) is (always) acoustic, (sometimes, generally) fast, (sometimes) loud, sometimes out of tune and catchy. In fact, I challenge you to get some of these lyrics and sentiments out of your head. They'll be stuck for days.

First up is my personal favorite, Fuck Shit Up. An ode to a best friend, the kind of friend that is like you but completely different, it isn't really much of an ode, but it is awesome.

Fuck Shit Up

Next is a song about a short story about a song. look up joyce carol oates to get where he's going with this. its tender and gentle and i think about murder.


Last of this selection is a song about a girl. A pretty rad girl but I won't embarrass her. She in fact got her hair cut in a particular way for him. I honestly can't decide if this is a morning song, or a night song.


Links:

1 comment:

  1. You are much too flattering. I really appreciate this!

    Thank you thank you thank you! I love you Trey Burke!

    ReplyDelete